Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Styling!

Drumrolllll please! My first styling post :) 
(Click the right arrow on the bottom right corner of the picture to see the different outfits!)
As I previously stated in my welcome post, I want to one day be a stylist.  I love styling people and making them feel good about themselves and their appearance, and I want this blog to reflect my passion for styling and aesthetics.


The first picture is a good business casual outfit (they are shorts instead of pants because I am impatiently awaiting spring/summer weather). This is my favorite blazer.  I can pair it with something dressy as well as something casual.  I actually wore this blazer recently to a job interview, and not only did they love it, but they also hired me on the spot! :)
I paired this blazer with a clean white t-shirt, and charcoal satin dress shorts. I love the lines in the blazer because they work with any body type.  The straight vertical lines will instantly slim your upper half by drawing the eye up and down instead of across. The solid short balances the blazer out and tones it down a bit, and also gives the blazer its chance to be the shining star. I do not currently have a picture (I left them at home) of shoes that I paired with this, but a simple bootie with whatever size heel you can handle woks perfectly with this outfit. 
If you want a little more color in this outfit, opt for a bright red shoe, or red t-shirt instead of white for a more nautical theme.




The second picture is an outfit I recently wore out for a night on the town! I called it artsy party.  I am in love with my sequin shorts and while I do not go out very often I try to make an excuse to wear as much as I want, and if nothing else they make for a great conversation starter! 
The flow-y polka dot blouse is great for going out for its loose fit, and easy movement.  This top would work best on smaller frames, with also a smaller bust because it does attract so much attention with the pattern as well as the black/white contrasting colors. Tucking the blouse in, as I did, allows for it to be a little closer to the body and form fitting (which is also customizable to your taste and style).
I just feel like the shorts speak for themselves. I have them here by themselves, which is more of a warmer weather look; but, they can also be paired with tights underneath them for a warmer feel. However you want to wear them, they are fab and every girl needs a pair of these in her wardrobe to brighten up her wardrobe and ever her life! I know they make me a little happier each time I put them on.




The last photo is of the shoes that I paired with my artsy party outfit.  These black faux snakeskin patterned gladiator heels are perfect for the warmer weather.  As the other option with the tights underneath the shorts, an over-the-knee black platform wedge boot is perfect for winter weather!


That is the conclusion of my very first styling post. I hope you all enjoy and find it very useful and customizable to your taste! Thank you for reading :)
SMD

No comments:

Post a Comment