Friday, February 4, 2011

Alexander McQueen Pre-Fall 2011


So, I have no idea where to even start with this collection. The jackets, the dresses, and the SHOES! ah.


Okay so let's start with this dress:

 Again, where do I start? This gown is gorgeous and the slimming floor-length silhouette will go fabulous with every body type.  The gold detail beautifully cinches the waist, as looks just as beautiful around the neck as well. It's not a good idea to get me started on the feathers at the waist, (Lord even knows how much I love feathers) but they are a great change of texture added to the gown. Alexander McQueen knew the female body very well and how to accent it. Sarah Burton did a great job expressing herself as well giving an amazing representation of McQueen himself; I know he would be very happy with this collection


Okay, I'm going to dream for 2.5 seconds and say that this jacket would be the first thing I would buy from this collection. Now, back to my college girl reality. (hey, a girl can dream right?)

This jacket is gorgeous, and would go with just about anything! Burton chose a neutral palette with a lot of navy in it, which is a good staple color to have in your wardrobe. The major lapels on this jacket that almost go down to her thighs, elongate the body especially with the contrasting vertical white stripe. The belt is cinching the waist, which is always a good idea to accentuate your body and those curves! The detail at the shoulders really adds to the military inspiration Burton is going for. This jacket is just beautiful, and I would definitely recommend this to anyone with the price budget!




And... for the shoes! I do not have much to say about these shoes because well... I mean look at them! They speak for themselves right? In the past couple of years, Alexander McQueen has created some of these crazy fabulous shoes most famously for Lady Gaga. Burton has chosen to continue this type of design. However, these heel-less shoes look a bit easier to walk in than the ones made for Gaga. The orange pair I love for the full coverage of the foot, yet a little peep-toe, and of course the bow it makes in the back :)  I would love to have a pair of these for a day and try to walk in them. (again, a girl can dream right?)

That is my post for the day! I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing about it. I know I only have three pictures on here, but please do not hesitate to look through the entire collection, it is beautiful!

http://www.style.com/fashionshows/review/2011PF-AMCQUEEN

Thank you all so much for reading!


SMD

No comments:

Post a Comment