Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Vintage Valentine


Today's inspiration obviously comes from the fact that Valentines day is fast approaching, and with everyone rushing to buy gifts and flowers and what not, take a little time for yourself and think about sprucing yourself up with a cute little outfit you can wear on that special day, whether you have a significant other or not.  Yes, I have one of those, but I think of this day as more of an opportunity to just look extra cute instead of focusing on getting roses or going out to dinner. Since when do roses make you look pretty anyway? Maybe they add a little flair to your table for a week but thats it. 

This first picture above is a little vintage inspiration with a few pieces I have put together.  The heart print dress is from ASOS and I just put an adorable little lace skirt from Forever21 over the bottom skirt of the dress to add something a little different, added a gold belt from GAP to bring it all together and voila! 

Play around with your outfits, just because the stereotypical colors of Valentines day are pink and red, that does not limit you to wearing just those colors.  I just chose this dress because I thought it was extra cute and I am obsessed with hearts.  Just as long as you feel good in what you are wearing, do it! No matter the color.

Here is a basic purple bandage skirt and I put it together with two different shirts to create some color blocking: 

The first picture and the one on the top right is a sheer loose top with small vertical lines made with studs.  I have one grey tights with both outfits and the bottom right picture is a silky fuschia top, that looks a little more business-like.  These are also great outfits for a Valentines day look, or just for whenever.  I love the color blocking.  With color blocking, you cant be shy. Grab two or three bright, bold colors and put them together, there are no rules as to which colors can go with what.  I just did this with a purple skirt, but you can pair pink colored tops with many other colored skirts as well.

Has anyone tried the color-blocking look? Send me your pictures, and you will be featured on this blog!

Many of my everyday outfits are posted on POSE.  If you are at all into fashion, this is an addictive must have.  Follow me @stylorexia
I also post them to my twitter:  www.twitter.com/itsmisssarina and www.twitter.com/fashconfections (twitter for my blog)
AND for SO MUCH style and fashion inspiration check out my boards on pinterest @ sarinastyler

Thank you to all my followers :)

SMD

2 comments: