Thursday, August 2, 2012

36 Pieces and a Hat

I went shopping today and when I returned home I realized that I was at a loss for hangers. First thing I thought was "do I really shop that much?" Well, apparently I do, and I also hang everything. So, second thing I realized is that I need to do a little cleaning out of my closet to make room for fall clothes coming up and because I need hangers.
Cleaning out a closet is something that just needs to be done, you never know what you'll pull out of there that you haven't seen in a year.
3 Steps to cleaning out your closet:
1. If you haven't worn it in the past year (allotting time for all seasons) TOSS IT.
2. If you've had it for a while, and like it, but you have absolutely nothing to go with it. Face it, you've been shopping numerous times with plenty of opportunities to find something to go with it. TOSS IT.
3. If it is a special occasion item, such as a dress, think about it, if you have already worn it, then you most likely have plenty of pictures in it and you won't wear it again. And hey, what girl doesn't love an excuse like a special occasion to go shopping for something new? TOSS IT.
I got rid of 36 pieces of clothing and a hat. What's better? I'm going to sell them and make money off of them. I usually take mine to Plato's Closet, but any consignment type shop will do. Make sure if you do this, all of the clothing is clean and free of stains, rips, holes, etc. What ever they don't want, I usually take to goodwill.
Follow these simple rules and you will be on your way to a cleaner, healthier closet and hopefully some cash in your pocket!


SMD

No comments:

Post a Comment