Friday, April 27, 2012

Betsey's Sad News

Betsey Johnson has been a huge love and inspiration since I was younger, not just her brand, but her as a person as well. As many of you fashion-lovers may know, Betsey Johnson LLC has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. As unfortunate as it is, as the company explained, it is what's best for the company right now.
When I first read it, I was completely shocked because I don't personally know anyone who doesn't love Betsey Johnson. Her clothes are lovable as is she.





I had the amazing opportunity of meeting Betsey a year ago for a breast cancer awareness luncheon, and she is the most kind-hearted person I've ever met. If I could choose a person or company to work for, it would be Betsey Johnson and the amazing fashion empire she has created.
I do not believe that this is the end of her company, while she will continue to focus on her moderate priced line, sold in stores like Macy's, she is a strong and hard working woman, and I believe she will bounce back from this, doing more cartwheels than ever!
As she is moving on, she will soon start to have her own TV show with her daughter LuLu, and I can not wait to see that!
She will also continue with her fashion show this fall in New York, and I am hoping to attend that as a result of an amazing internship I was able to be a part of this semester.
So, Betsey is still keeping herself busy and I know she will come out of this an even stronger woman!
For more details Women's Wear Daily has the full story, and fashionista.com has a good profile of it as well.
Just for the record, this is my favorite picture of Betsey:



Let's all support Betsey!


SMD
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment